Recipe on Kmiydish Paper
Recipe on Kmiydish Paper
You were bloomed with the primordial magic of bacteria...
A Recipe on Kmiydish Paper is a one-player game about delicious food and the communities who prepare it.
This solo journaling game built on the Lost & Found SRD (Artefact, Bucket of Bolts, etc.) explores the hidden histories behind our favorite butter pickles, beers, briskets, and breads? And what would it look like if history was seen through their (yeasty) eyes? Instead of playing as adventurers at a tavern, or even a chef behind the scenes, you will inhabit a food from its conception through history in the sister cities of Blue Kmiyd and Rose Kmiyd.
In this game, you will inhabit the world of a recipe as it is prepared, safeguarded, and handed down through generations. These recipes, and the food they create, are well-loved historical relics, mirroring a region’s geography, politics, and people. As you play, you will create the worlds of Blue Kmiyd and Rose Kmiyd, and the conflicts between their peoples and culinary talents. Recipe on Kmiydish Paper is based upon the experiences of pre-WWII Jewish Quarter residents in Eastern Europe and the power and legacy of their food. It’s a love letter to Chowder, Strega Nona, Top Chef, and Mandy Patinkin, to name a few inspirations. No dice are required for play, just something to write on, and a few hours to build out a food history. This is a perfect pre-game exercise to flesh out the urban or culinary history of a location you can slot into another TTRPG of your choice.
Dive in to play as:
- The Beverage, from vodka to tea
- The Pastry, from matza to croissants
- The Meat, from tongue sandwiches to kofta
- The Preserve, from sauerkraut to raspberry jam
- We ship items out Monday - Friday. Orders received by 9AM Central Time will be shipped out the same business day.
- We utilize both USPS and UPS for shipping services. Both options should be displayed during checkout if the customer is paying for shipping.
- If the order contains nothing but books, we can use USPS Media Mail to keep your shipping costs low. If board games are included on the order, we are unable to utilize Media Mail.
- On orders that qualify for free shipping, we utilize the most cost-effective option based on the destination location (this is usually UPS).
New Items are able to be returned within 30 days of receipt in the same condition they were shipped in. New items that have been opened will not be accepted for return. Return shipping is at buyer's expense.
Used Items are able to be returned if they are found to not be in the described condition. Please contact us within 48 hours of receipt to discuss return options.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $149!
Shipping discount applied automatically when your cart total passes the free ship threshold!
Used Games Are Always Guaranteed to be 100% Complete
We piece check every used game that comes in on trade at All Systems Go. Does it take forever? Yes. Do we think it's still important? Also yes.