👤 Players: 2-4
⏰ Time: 30-60min
1899. For more than a century, the European public has been fascinated by Egyptology and the discoveries of Denon, Champollion, Petrie and others. Seeking adventure and glory, teams of archaeologists search the sands of Egypt for hidden treasures.
Mykerinos. Embody archaeologists seeking relics from ancient Egypt for powerful benefactors. Will you be convincing at the museum's final exhibition?
The game takes place over four rounds. The game board is composed of four (or six in the last round) areas of two cards. These cards have 6 squares, possibly occupied by an obstacle (pyramid), and belonging to one of five benefactors (with their own color and symbol): Sir Brown, Lady Violet, Miss Blackmore, Lord Lemon and Colonel Tangerine.
Each player has their own personal pool of archaeologists that can be used to:
- Start an excavation (requiring one archaeologist)
- Expand an excavation (requiring two archaeologists in addition to one archaeologist already on the board)
- Play a benefactor previously earned
Benefactors give special benefits like moving over an obstacle or retrieving archaeologists faster, etc ...
Once all players have passed, we resolve the board according to area control. The player in the first position can either take a card available or go to the museum. Other players can then do the same. Ties are resolved according to player order.
Going to the Museum adds value for a colour at endgame to the cards collected (x2, x3 or x5).
At the end of the 4th round, the final exhibition is resolved and the winning player will be whoever collected the most prestige between:
- Points on the cards collected during game
- Points by colour benefactors (according to position in the museum)
- Bonus points for sets of cards (1 in every colour of benefactors).
- We ship items out Monday - Friday. Orders received by 9AM Central Time will be shipped out the same business day.
- We utilize both USPS and UPS for shipping services. Both options should be displayed during checkout if the customer is paying for shipping.
- If the order contains nothing but books, we can use USPS Media Mail to keep your shipping costs low. If board games are included on the order, we are unable to utilize Media Mail.
- On orders that qualify for free shipping, we utilize the most cost-effective option based on the destination location (this is usually UPS).
New Items are able to be returned within 30 days of receipt in the same condition they were shipped in. New items that have been opened will not be accepted for return. Return shipping is at buyer's expense.
Used Items are able to be returned if they are found to not be in the described condition. Please contact us within 48 hours of receipt to discuss return options.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $149!
Shipping discount applied automatically when your cart total passes the free ship threshold!
Used Games Are Always Guaranteed to be 100% Complete
We piece check every used game that comes in on trade at All Systems Go. Does it take forever? Yes. Do we think it's still important? Also yes.