Cantrip is a roleplaying game about witches who are coming of age while studying at a magical Academy. They will grapple with their place in the world at large, their emotions, their budding relationships, the expectations placed on them by everyone in their lives, the secrets held by the Academy, the weird and wonderful creatures that reside within it, and the constant scheming of their fellow witches.
This game takes inspiration from a lot of media involving the magical and supernatural coexisting and clashing with a mundane world. The most direct inspiration is Studio Trigger’s Little Witch Academia and you’ll find that the playbooks closely resemble many of the characters in that anime. Other sources of inspiration include Witch Hat Atelier, The Owl House, and Kiki’s Delivery Service. More tangentially, slice-of-life anime like Yuru-Camp and Non Non Biyori provide a lot of the tonal inspiration.
Cantrip is unabashedly queer and explicitly rejects the reactionary and unfun tropes that tend to show up in Magical Academy media and opts to tell a story that, while not free of conflict, is decidedly about girls living their best lives.
What will you find here?
In Cantrip you will play as one of the six archetypical witches you might find at The Academy:
- the wonder-filled if magically uninclined Star-Struck
- the swamp-loving Hedge mycologist
- the aristocratic and resourceful Posh
- the perpetually flustered but highly capable Senior
- the show-stopping and prank-loving Breaker
- the mystical and powerful Sybil
Throughout a session or a campaign of Cantrip your witches will come to terms with school life, city life, the semi-sentient Weave of magic witches draw their power from, the school’s authorities, their fellow students (including the comically powerful student council), the nearby townspeople and the many mythological and magical creatures that inhabit the world. The world of Cantrip is brought to life in Celeste Cruz’s (@caelstyx) striking, colorful art.
- We ship items out Monday - Friday. Orders received by 9AM Central Time will be shipped out the same business day.
- We utilize both USPS and UPS for shipping services. Both options should be displayed during checkout if the customer is paying for shipping.
- If the order contains nothing but books, we can use USPS Media Mail to keep your shipping costs low. If board games are included on the order, we are unable to utilize Media Mail.
- On orders that qualify for free shipping, we utilize the most cost-effective option based on the destination location (this is usually UPS).
New Items are able to be returned within 30 days of receipt in the same condition they were shipped in. New items that have been opened will not be accepted for return. Return shipping is at buyer's expense.
Used Items are able to be returned if they are found to not be in the described condition. Please contact us within 48 hours of receipt to discuss return options.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $149!
Shipping discount applied automatically when your cart total passes the free ship threshold!
Used Games Are Always Guaranteed to be 100% Complete
We piece check every used game that comes in on trade at All Systems Go. Does it take forever? Yes. Do we think it's still important? Also yes.